1. “Some Came Running” (1958) about a veteran who returns to his hometown from war, along with a woman he drunkenly invited with him.
2. “Bigger than Life” (1956) is about a school teacher, who, after he’s told he only has months to live from a rare disease, agrees to an experimental treatment that both cures him but drives him to abuse the medicine.
3. “Andrei Rublev” (1966) a film about the life of the 15th century painter and life in Russia during the turbulent period.
4. “Zabriskie Point” (1970) about a college dropout on the run from police and a Los Angeles student in late 1960s America.
5. “Boy” (1969) is a Japanese film about a couple earning money as con artists, sometimes using their son in their scam until he attempts to escape.