To ensure that your delegated examining activities are in compliance with Federal law and merit system principles (see 5 U.S.C. §§ 1104(b)(1) and 2301), EDU must:
• Establish an internal accountability system. This internal accountability system is
subject to periodic review by OPM.
• Conduct annual self-audits of your delegated examining activities. Such self-audits
must be performed by non-DEU staff that have been trained and certified by OPM in
delegated examining procedures. In satisfying this requirement, you must:
- Certify completion of the self-audit to OPM by indicating the date of completion in
your quarterly workload report (see Chapter 7); and
- Maintain a list of all discrepancies and corrective actions for a period of three years
after each audit.
• Take any corrective action that OPM may require as a result of periodic review of
delegated examining activities, which is conducted by OPM’s Human Capital
Leadership and Merit Systems Accountability Division, Center for Merit System
If OPM determine that DEU's activity is not being performed in accordance with applicable laws,
rules, regulations, or standards, we will require your agency to take corrective action (see 5
U.S.C. § 1104 (c)).