Robson et al.(2006) developed and tested ﬁve criteria that employees themselves use to determine how successful they age in the workplace:
(1) adaptability and health: this reﬂects the importance of the ability to adapt to changes and retain physical, psychological and cognitive health;
(2) positive relationships: this factor indicates the importance of positive workplace relationships to successful aging;
(3) occupational growth: represents the importance of being able to grow and to remain competitive on the job;
(4) personal security: involves perception of safety and workload demands;
(5) continued focus and achievement of personal goals; focuses on the importance of continuing to set and achieve goals.